Monday 11 May 2009

Machette's Mantra - 11th May 2009

Machette's Mantra
11th May 2009

I decided to dedicate this one to the man who made me into this hip hop monster You hear today. Sheldon Williams is an old friend of the family who one day noticed my talent. I was at his mother's crib reciting a rhyme I recently made up in my head....He said "say that again!?", I had never let anyone hear my raps before this moment but I let it out. If I'm not mistaken, his friend left and he took me into his mother's basement. Rusty, dripping pipes, a lightbulb hanging from the ceiling by the wire and there was a little table that had a cassette player on it. Then he says " now say it again", I did he repeats himself "say it again! with more feeling". At this point I'm tired of repeating myself so a little frustrated?.....Hell yeah. But then, he screams "SAY IT AGAIN!". I let him have it! I screamed back at him but with my lyrics! It felt good as hell! The next moment changed my whole life, he then says "Ok, now everytime you say it I want you to say it like that!". I didn't get it cause I was mad and plus I guess I wasn't supposed to get it.

But he had a production company called Shellshock Productions at the time and I hopped aboard. From then till now, that day in the basement has been the downfall of opposing MCs far and wide, and I may not be in the game if it wasn't for him turning me into the Monster you know now as "MACHETTE the cleaner".

So I'd just like to pay tribute this article to my first senseii, Sheldon Williams. Thanks Shell!

You can hear Machette on WCUT Radio on www.KryKey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment