Tuesday 28 April 2009

Machette's Mantra - 28th April 2009

Machette's Mantra
28th April 2009

This week I decided to go to one of the well known underground hip hop venues called THE PYRAMID. There was an open mic situation there which they have every Tuesday called "Training Camp". It was more than interesting to see the energy stil alive in the underground. When I really think about it, the underground is really in a way, ignoring the industry. There's a "whatever man" attitude towards the industry, I say that because sometimes big companies are at these venues scouting. However I have above average vision so I saw what was going down they are spying! Because they aren't looking for the next big star, they're watching us.....just seeing what we're doing as a whole to report back to "the man" lol. Well good I am an artist myself and I vote "LET'S GIVE EM SOMETHING TO WATCH". Till next time!

This is a special feature, these three guys call themselves NU ERA and from what I've seen and heard "The takeover" is a fitting title for their first CD. Allow me to first describe the group to you. Firstly you have "Smoova" the r&b / rapper / producer / engineer, then you have "Vicious" one of the city's more dangerous upcoming rap artists and lastly "Fever" who also raps like a pro and is so comfortable in his zone that I agree that there's no taking him out of it. Here's the thing, THEY ARE A GROUP! The stuff I've heard these guys come up with Is like nothing I ever heard before and it sounds to me like the music lovers out there are in for a treat. These boys are Top of the Charts material. Look out for them on www.WCUTRADIO.com, (using KryKey Personal Web Radio) you'll hear what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment